We've been throwing some evils back and forth. I'm not suggesting that Ira agrees with me on all of these, but here are a few that we've thought of. Do you agree? Can you think of more?
- We only care about our own kids and not the issues of others.
- Education leaders and politicians who only want real change if it impacts their salaries or their positions
- Not taking the successful practices of others to heart
- Not researching the successful practices of others
- Not requiring the best of our superintendents, principals, and teachers
- Presuming that some students can't learn or can't learn without significant additional resources
- Refusing to be open to the fact that some students need a different environment or approach
- Restricting education to a traditional 8 hour school day, 5 days a week--as if that's how/when the best learning takes place.